Gynecology is the branch of medicine that deals with issues of the female reproductive system. Dr. Elrod is both a gynecologist and an obstetrician, with the specialty of obstetrics being specifically the care of pregnant women and the delivery of newborn babies. From adolescence through adulthood, Dr. Elrod can provide a range of services to meet the needs of every woman, no matter what stage of life you’re in.
- Yearly exams, pap tests
- Screening tests
- Treating infertility, PCOS, and recurrent pregnancy loss
- Advanced laparoscopy and hysteroscopy
- Platelet Rich Plasma (O-Shot) injections
- Non-surgical treatment of pelvic pain, Stress Urinary Incontinence, female sexual dysfunction and arousal disorder
- Heavy bleeding (Novasure - details below)
- In-office permanent birth control (Essure - details below)
NovaSure Endometrial Ablation (EA) is a simple, one-time, 5 minute in-office procedure that has treated over one million women who suffered from heavy periods due to benign causes. This treatment is without hormones or hysterectomy. It is for women who are finished having children.
For 90% of women who have this procedure, their menstrual bleeding is dramatically reduced or stopped. In a clinical study, twelve months after the Nova Sure procedure, 95% of patients were satisfied with the results and 97% said they would recommend the Nova Sure procedure to a friend. Nearly 7 out of every 10 endometrial ablation procedures performed are NovaSure.
The Nova Sure procedure works by permanently removing the endometrium, the inner lining of the uterus. This is achieved with a quick delivery of radio frequency energy. Most women experience mild or no pain during or after the procedure. Most women feel back to themselves within a day or so. They also report improved energy levels, better moods, and a boost in self-confidence. Many women also had a significant reduction in painful periods and PMS symptoms like irritability.
Essure is a permanent birth control procedure that works with your body to create a natural barrier to prevent pregnancy. The Essure procedure offers women benefits that no other permanent birth control can. It is:
- Surgery-free — A simple procedure performed in your doctor’s office in less than 10 minutes
- Hormone-free — A more natural birth control method
- Anesthesia-free — There’s no slowing down to recover, and most women return to normal activities in less than a day.
- Worry-free — Since 2002 over half a million women and their doctors have trusted Essure as the most effective* permanent birth control