Our philosophy begins with our belief in and desire to provide the woman and family with individualized, family-centered care using evidence-based practices. When it comes time for the birth of your baby, you and your family will know us very well, and we will know you and the expectations and desires you hold for your birth.
We will strive to make your care family-centered, emphasizing health and wellness, to meet your individual needs. We strongly believe that pregnancy and birth are times of powerful influence and growth.
We believe that there is not a more important, exciting, or transformative time than that of pregnancy and childbirth! Our passion is working with and caring for pregnant women and their families. Our goal is to not only provide attentive, personal care to you, but also to help educate and prepare you along your journey into parenthood. We believe in patient choice and informed consent, meaning that YOU are involved in your care. We believe that through personal and attentive care, education, and support, YOU are capable of achieving a positive, empowering, birth experience.
If you are pregnant and live in the Mat-Su Valley or surrounding areas, we would love to care for you.
- Physician and/or midwife care
- Complete prenatal, birth and postpartum care
- Encouraging patient-choice decisions regarding care
- Preconception counseling and nutritional support
- Natural birth in one of our two state-licensed birth centers (Palmer, Anchorage)
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (Hospital)
- Optimal fetal positioning assessment and ongoing support through pregnancy, labor and birth
- Postpartum care and contraception
- Newborn care and assessment to 4 weeks old
- Newborn metabolic screening (PKU Testing)
- Breastfeeding counseling and support
- Referrals to complementary care providers
- Referrals to community resources